Terms and Conditions
In this document the following words shall have the following meanings:
- 1.1 “Buyer” means the organisation or person who buys Goods from the Seller;
- 1.2 “Conditions” means the terms and conditions of sale set out in this document and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by the Seller;
- 1.3 “Delivery date” means the date specified by the Seller when the Goods are to be delivered;
- 1.4 “Goods” means the articles to be supplied to the Buyer by the Seller;
- 1.5 “Price” means the price set out in the list of prices of the Goods maintained by the Seller as amended from time to time or such other price as the parties may agree in writing plus such carriage, packing, insurance or other charges or interest on such as may be quoted by the Seller or as may apply in accordance with these conditions;
- 1.6 “Seller” means The Roman Group (Roman Press Ltd), Centurion House, Woodside Road, Bournemouth, Dorset BH5 2BA.
- 2.1 These conditions shall apply to all contracts for the sale of Goods by the Seller to the Buyer to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions including any terms or conditions which the Buyer may seek to apply under any purchase order, order confirmation or similar document.
- 2.2 All orders for Goods shall be deemed to be an offer by the Buyer to purchase Goods pursuant to these Conditions.
- 2.3 Acceptance of delivery of the Goods shall be deemed conclusive evidence of the Buyer’s acceptance of these Conditions.
- 2.4 Any variation to these Conditions (including any special terms and conditions agreed between the parties including without limitation as to discounts) shall be inapplicable unless agreed in writing by the Seller.
- 2.5 Any advice, recommendation or representation given by the Seller or its employees or agents to the Buyer or its employees or agents as to the storage, application or use of the Goods or otherwise which is not confirmed in writing by the Seller is followed or acted upon entirely at the Buyer’s own risk, and, accordingly, the Seller shall not be liable for any such advice, recommendation or representation which is not so confirmed.
- 2.6 Nothing in these Conditions shall effect the statutory rights of any Buyer dealing as a consumer.
3. Price and Payment
- 3.1 Payment of the Price is a credit account that been established with the Seller in which event payment of the Price is due 30 days following the end of month.
- 3.2 The Seller shall be entitled to charge interest on overdue invoices from the date when payment becomes due interest to accrue from day to day until the date of payment at a rate of 2% per annum above the base rate of the Bank of England from time to time.
- 3.3 The Seller reserves the right to grant, refuse restrict, cancel or alter credit terms at its sole discretion at any time.
- 3.4 If payment of the Price or any part thereof is not made by the due date, the Seller shall be entitled to:
- 3.4.1 require payment in advance of delivery in relation to any Goods not previously delivered;
- 3.4.2 refuse to make delivery of any undelivered Goods whether ordered under the contract or not and without incurring any liability whatever to the Buyer for non-delivery or any delay in delivery;
- 3.4.3 appropriate any payment made by the Buyer to such of the Goods (or Goods supplied under any other contract) as the Seller may think fit;
- 3.4.4 Commence legal proceedingsand the buyer will be liable for any costs and interest incurred.
- Any description given or applied to the Goods is given by way of identification only and the use of such description shall not constitute a sale by description. For the avoidance of doubt, the Buyer hereby affirms that it does not in any way rely on any description when entering into the contract.
- 5.1 Unless otherwise agreed in writing, delivery of the Goods shall take place at the address specified by the Buyer on the date specified by the Seller. The Buyer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery.
- Orders placed after 5pm will be processed the next working day.
- 6.1 The Seller is a distributor of goods and the Buyer is exclusively responsible for detailing the specification of the Goods, for ascertaining the use to which they will be put and for determining their ability to function for that purpose.
7. Risk and Title
- 7.1 Risk of damage or loss of the Goods shall pass to the Buyer in the case of Goods to be delivered at the Seller’s premises, at the time when the Seller notifies the Buyer that the Goods are available for collection, or in the case of Goods to be delivered otherwise than at the Seller’s premises, at the time of delivery.
8. Insolvency of Buyer
- 8.1 If the Buyer fails to make payment for the Goods in accordance with the contract of sale or commits any other breach of this contract of sale or if any distress or execution shall be levied upon any of the Buyer’s property or the Goods or if the Buyer offers to make any arrangement with its creditors or commits an act of bankruptcy or if any petition in bankruptcy is presented against the Buyer or the Buyer is unable to pay its debts as they fall due or if being a limited company any resolution or petition to wind up the Buyer (other than for the purpose of amalgamation or reconstruction without insolvency) shall be passed or presented of if a receiver, administrator administrative receiver or manager shall be appointed over the whole or any part of the Buyer’s business or assets or if the Buyer shall suffer any analogous proceedings under foreign law or if any such matter as provided for in this clause is reasonably apprehended by the Seller all sums outstanding in respect of the Goods shall become payable immediately.
- 8.2 The Seller may in the circumstances set out in clause 8.1 above also in its absolute discretion, and without prejudice to any other rights which it may have, exercise any of its rights pursuant to clause 8 above.
- 10.1 Where the Goods are found to be defective, the Seller shall, replace defective Goods free of charge within the manufacturer’s warranty period if acceptable from the date of delivery.
10. Limitation of Liability
- 10.1 Where any court or arbitrator determines that any part of Clause 11 above is, for whatever reason, unenforceable, the Seller shall be liable for all loss or damage suffered by the Buyer but in an amount not exceeding the Price.
- 10.2 Nothing contained in these Conditions shall be construed so as to limit or exclude the liability of the Seller for death or personal injury as a result of the Seller’s negligence or that of its employees or agents.
11. Force Majeure
- The Seller shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply, and the Seller shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations. If the delay persists for such time as the Seller considers unreasonable, it may without liability on its part, terminate the contract or any part of it.
12. Relationship of Parties
- Nothing contained in these Conditions shall be construed as establishing or implying any partnership or joint venture between the parties and nothing in these Conditions shall be deemed to construe either of the parties as the agent of the other.
13. Assignment and Sub-Contracting
- The contract between the Buyer and Seller for the sale of Goods shall not be assigned or transferred, nor the performance of any obligation sub-contracted, in either case by the Buyer, without the prior written consent of the Seller.
14. No set off
- The Buyer may not withhold payment of any invoice or other amount due to the Seller by reason of any right of set-off or counterclaim which the Buyer may have or allege to have for any reason whatsoever.
15. Entire Agreement
- These Conditions and any documents incorporating them or incorporated by them constitute the entire agreement and understanding between the parties.
16. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusion jurisdiction of the English courts.
17. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.